Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple, delicious, pureed soup. You can reduce prep time by using frozen carrots and onions. This was adapted from a recipe out of Jane Brody's "Good Food Book." I made some changes so it was easier to make and more in keeping with a Nutritarian eating style.....For each can of low sodium broth, I substitute 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon VegiZest (from drfuhrman.com) and 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional).
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup celery, sliced (2 or 3 stalks)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) canlow-sodium small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth
- Put all ingredients in a large saucepan (at least 3 quarts).
- Bring soup to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent burning on the bottom.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor. Do not over blend.