Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from my beloved Grandmother. It is one of my most requested dessert recipes from friends. It is so simple to prepare and tastes so good. I hope you will enjoy them as much as my family does.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 (4 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Cream eggs, sugar, oil and baby food.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Pour bar mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- When bars are cool, cream the butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Beat in powdered sugar, add vanilla to taste.
- Frost bars.
Awesome! I made these for my nephew's graduation party and they were gone in an instant! I don't care for carrot cake myself but found these bars irristable. Thank you Michelle-this recipe has a permanent place in my book :)
Made these last night to give to a friend for Valentine's Day. I did add the 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and also added just a little more cinnamon than the recipe calls for. VERY MOIST,VERY TASTY and my son who HATES carrots ate 3 pieces. That say's something about it right there! THANKS MICHELLE FOR A GREAT RECIPE! This will be a favorite at my house for a long time.
this really didn't taste too much like carrot cake. maybe another jar of carrots or even adding some shredded carrots plus some more spices (maybe even using pumpkin pie spice) would have helped.