Recipe by Michelle S.
This recipe came from my beloved Grandmother. It is one of my most requested dessert recipes from friends. It is so simple to prepare and tastes so good. I hope you will enjoy them as much as my family does.
Top Review by OldPhoneHag
Awesome! I made these for my nephew's graduation party and they were gone in an instant! I don't care for carrot cake myself but found these bars irristable. Thank you Michelle-this recipe has a permanent place in my book :)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 (4 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream eggs, sugar, oil and baby food.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 pan.
- Pour bar mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- When bars are cool, cream the butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Beat in powdered sugar, add vanilla to taste.
- Frost bars.