Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so good!
Make and share this Carrot Bars recipe from Food.com.
For the Carrot Bar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
For the glaze
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a square pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together oil, sugar, and egg.
- Stir in vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly stir in flour.
- Stir in grated carrots.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-28 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
- For the glaze:.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl and beat until well combined.
- Be sure to beat on high speed for at least 2 minutes at the end to ensure that the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Take about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the frosting and warm in the microwave for about 10 seconds (or until desired glaze consistency).
- Drizzle onto cooled bars using a spoon and allow to set and harden for about 15-20 minutes.