Recipe by blucoat
This recipe is a cross between banana cake and carrot cake! It is a healthier version of a cake recipe from an old Bon Appétit Magazine (Oct. 1993). I replaced the oil with applesauce and it is still exceptionally moist and delicious. You could substitute some oil for the applesauce if you prefer. If making the cake, use a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan and bake for about 1 hour. Recipes makes 20 cupcakes.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
These were simply wonderful muffins. What a delicious flavor they had. Made the recipe as is and I made 24 muffins. But it did take a little longer than 10 minutes to prep. Love having muffins with my cup of tea in the morning and these were not a disappointment. The moistness of these muffins and the blend of carrots and bananas was great. Thanks for sharing your recipe blucoat. They were truly enjoyed..
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml finely grated carrots (about 2-3 carrots)
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line or grease muffin cups.
- Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Whisk applesauce, sugar, brown sugar and eggs in large bowl until well blended. Mix in dry ingredients. Add carrots, banana and pecans and blend well.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake in middle of oven until puffed and a tester comes out clean, about 16-18 minutes. Cool muffins on a rack. (Let pan cool completely before baking the second batch or use a different pan.).