Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I saw this recipe for a purely fruit sweetened carrot cake from Heidi over at 101cookbooks.com I just knew I would want to make it into some sort of gluten free version. So I did. http://www.elanaspantry.com/carrot-banana-muffins/
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Blend dry mixture into wet until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.