The original title of this recipe is carrot and ginger corn bread but I felt this tasted much more like banana bread than a corn bread. (I didn't want to mislead anyone.) Yields two loaves or approximately sixteen muffins. Next time I'll try brown jasmine rice to see if there is any difference in either texture or taste. Yes, I know-I did indeed notice the significant amount of oil and eggs used this recipe. This'll be one of those once in a blue moon-type recipes. From deliciouslivingmagazine. com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 ripe banana, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar (raw, can sub brown sugar if turbinado unavailable)
- 2/3 cup shredded carrot, finely grated (1 medium-large carrot)
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons white rice flour (I finely ground jasmine rice in a spice mill)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl or KitchenAid stand up mixer, combine oil, eggs, and banana, blending until smooth. Add sugar and carrot; mix.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine rice flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and ginger.
- 4Add flour-ginger mixture to egg mixture and stir just until combined.
- 5Lightly grease two 8 x 4 x 2–inch loaf pans or about 16 muffin cups.
- 6For loaves, fill 2/3 of each pan with batter; for muffins, scoop about 1/3 cup batter into each cup.
- 7Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 25–30 minutes for muffins, 40–45 minutes for loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot, Banana and Ginger Bread (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (866 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1546.8
- Calories from Fat 1113
- Total Fat 123.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 528.7 mg
- Sodium 720.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: