Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes for carrots and I don't like cooked carrots. They are a must try and don't judge by the ingredients.....
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- On stovetop or in a microwave oven, cook carrots until tender.
- Place in a 1-qt baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the next five ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over carrots.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
I always loved carrots with horseradish, so I knew thia would be great. I doubled the onions, but otherwise followed the recipe. This is a great way to fancy-up carrots, yet it's still quite easy to make. Thanx!