1/1 Photo of Carrot-Apricot Swirls
I made these for Easter this year and was delighted at how moist and tasty they were. Instantly reminded me of summer. =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the carrots and then grate them coarsely. Put into a pan and add starch and 100g of the jam. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add almonds and set aside.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar in a bowl. Add curd cheese, oil and milk and knead into a soft dough (using your mixer first and then your hands). Roll out onto a slightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- 3Spread the carrot-jam-mixture onto the dough. Roll up carefully starting from the long side.
- 4Cut the roll into 8-10 pieces and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 190°C in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 6Heat rest of the jam (50g) and spread onto swirls when coming out of the oven.
- 7Serve hot or cold with whipped cream, ice-cream or plain.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Apricot Swirls
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 116.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: