Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made these for Easter this year and was delighted at how moist and tasty they were. Instantly reminded me of summer. =)
- 200 g carrots
- 150 g apricot jam
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons starch
- 150 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25 g ground almonds
- 25 g sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 75 g low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons oil (neutral in taste)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Clean the carrots and then grate them coarsely. Put into a pan and add starch and 100g of the jam. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add almonds and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar in a bowl. Add curd cheese, oil and milk and knead into a soft dough (using your mixer first and then your hands). Roll out onto a slightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- Spread the carrot-jam-mixture onto the dough. Roll up carefully starting from the long side.
- Cut the roll into 8-10 pieces and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 190°C in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat rest of the jam (50g) and spread onto swirls when coming out of the oven.
- Serve hot or cold with whipped cream, ice-cream or plain.
I enjoyed making these very tasty treats! It took a little while to convert everything into units/measurements that I could handle, but I had fun with that part, too! Great, great warm temperature treats for the sweet tooth ~ really liked the combo of carrot & apricot, with the hint of almond! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!