Recipe by doler
I love a good healthy muffin to grab and go in the mornings and I like to use items I have around the house, so when there are extra carrots around, these are simple and delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute, sugar blend or 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan (sometimes I have a little more than this so I use a glass custard cup for the extra).
- Mix both flours, sugar blend, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the chopped apricots and toss lightly to coat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Beat in the softened butter, buttermilk, and orange juice.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the carrots and nuts.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.