1/2 Photos of Carrot Applesauce Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This cake has the moistness and spice of a fruitcake, but you won't have to wait a month to eat it. from New Recipes from Moosewood Restaur
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml unbleached white flour (up to 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour may be substituted)
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml raisins or 236.59 ml dried currant
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 295.73 ml brown sugar or 295.73 ml honey or 295.73 ml maple syrup
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 395.10 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 709.77 ml finely grated carrots
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Oil a 10-inch bundt or tube pan or a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 3Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the bottom and partway up the sides of the oiled pan.
- 4Set the pan aside.
- 5In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- 6Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- 7Stir in the oil, sweetener (s), vanilla, applesauce, and carrots and mix well.
- 8Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stir until just mixed, and pour the batter into the pan.
- 9Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 10When done, allow the cake to sit in the pan for at least 15 minutes.
- 11Then invert it onto a plate and dust it lightly with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Applesauce Cake
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 450.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g