Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthy and light dish that tastes great. Get your veggie and fruit serving in and enjoy it. One serving (3/4 cup) equals 140 calories
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sugar-free non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a bowl. Add apples to the juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and apples. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled.
I was in a rush when I made this, so I have to admit, I didn't follow the recipe too closely. It still turned out very well though. Thanks for sharing!
This was great. I only had plain yogurt so added a splash of vanlla. My DH loved this recipe and said it was one of the best carrot salad he has had. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag Jan 2009