Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a low-calorie, refreshing salad that would be good at potlucks (recipe can be expanded easily) or to make for a summer afternoon to go along side grilled meats.
- 6 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1⁄2 cup of diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Peel and grate the carrots and apples. Place them in a salad bowl, then add the celery.
- Mix the yogurt, honey and lemon juice.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley and mix with the rest of the salad.
- Refrigerate for at least and hour, and serve.
I liked this a lot and so did hubby! and that is with using bottled lemon juice. This was surprisingly good and a fun way to eat some fruits and veggies. Again, this is another winner and does great the next day in the sack lunch.
Easy and low calorie, can't wait to make it again, I may add some sunflower seeds or raisins or dried cranberries or maybe a tablespoon of bacon bits or. . .? Used "recipe#99415" with this. Thank you!
I too used shredded carrots and diced apple (and I left out the celery as I don't like it). I used all fat free plain yogurt and doubled the honey. I think I would have preferred it with part yogurt/part mayo. The honey did help to take away some of the bite from the yogurt. UPDATE: I MUCH preferred this after it had sat for over a day. My lunch portion was much less tangy than what I had tried for dinner two night before. So I'd simply recommend making this ahead of time!