Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Mother Earth News Magazine. It has a great texture, not too sweet and nice and moist. Everyone in my family loved it. I made them for breakfast tomorrow morning but I don't think they will last that long! I reproduced the recipe as it was printed, but next time I think I will use a little more ginger and cinnamon.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large apple (I used pink lady)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners. Peel and finely grate apple and carrots. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Stir in nuts.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, oil, ginger and vanilla. Fold apples and carrots into wet ingredients. Fold mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Divide evenly between muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Makes 9 large or 18 small muffins.