Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For babies and toddlers. I tried them and they are pretty bland for my tastes but my little kids ate them up so good for them! If making them for older kids definitely add some salt and pepper and seasonings.
- Blend all ingredients except eggs and bread crumbs. The result should be a wet meat mixture that holds its shape if formed into tablespoon sized balls. Add more oats if mixture is too wet to hold. If for some reason mixture is too dry add some water or apple sauce.
- Working with a tbsp at a time, form small balls.
- Dip into egg then coat in bread crumbs. Pat ball into small patty about 1/2 inch thick. Coat all sides in fine bread crumbs, then place on a greased cookie sheet. Continue with all of the meat mixture. Sprinkle nuggets with kosher salt.
- Bake nuggets for 30 minutes at 400ºF or until done (nuggets do not brown very much).
- Put leftover nuggets into a freezer bag and freeze, when needed remove from bag and heat in a 425ºF oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
My son loves these and so does his friends!!! I am making my second batch!!!!