For babies and toddlers. I tried them and they are pretty bland for my tastes but my little kids ate them up so good for them! If making them for older kids definitely add some salt and pepper and seasonings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend all ingredients except eggs and bread crumbs. The result should be a wet meat mixture that holds its shape if formed into tablespoon sized balls. Add more oats if mixture is too wet to hold. If for some reason mixture is too dry add some water or apple sauce.
- 2Working with a tbsp at a time, form small balls.
- 3Dip into egg then coat in bread crumbs. Pat ball into small patty about 1/2 inch thick. Coat all sides in fine bread crumbs, then place on a greased cookie sheet. Continue with all of the meat mixture. Sprinkle nuggets with kosher salt.
- 4Bake nuggets for 30 minutes at 400ºF or until done (nuggets do not brown very much).
- 5Put leftover nuggets into a freezer bag and freeze, when needed remove from bag and heat in a 425ºF oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Apple Chicken Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (738 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 72.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g