Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A moist and delicious carrot cake.
Make and share this Carrot Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups ground carrots
- 1 apple, ground
- 1 can crushed pineapple (standard size 15 oz?)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked nuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I like flaked brazil nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Oil a 9 x 13 rectangular pan.
- Grind the carrots and apple using a food processor (grating will work but the texture will be different).
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, sugar, coconut and brown sugar.
- Add the oil, eggs, carrot, apple and pineapple.
- Mix until blended.
- Pour into pan and bake about 45 minutes or until sides pull slightly away from pan.
- Let cool.
- For the frosting, whip the butter and cream cheese with an electric beater, add the icing sugar and nuts and blend until smooth and creamy.