1/1 Photo of Carrot Apple Cake
This is a great pick-me-up snack cake with rich cream cheese frosting. Moist and delicious, perfect for anytime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup grated apple
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F and grease and flour a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- 2Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together oil, sugars and eggs until well combined.
- 4Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients, until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Stir in grated carrots and apples until just combined and pour into baking pan.
- 6Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tests done in the center with a butter knife.
- 7Cool for 5 minutes then take out of pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- 8For frosting, mix cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- 9Stir in lemon juice and vanilla then gradually start adding the confectioners' sugar until blended.
- 10Beat with an electric mixer to get frosting smooth, then frost top and sides of cooled cake.
- 11Cut into squares and serve, garnish with walnut halves and grated lemon peel, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g