Recipe by Reed
This recipe comes from a 1992 Gourmet magazine. My mom was actually the first to use it and it makes a great spread for rye crackers for appetizers. Time includes chill.
Top Review by AWinPA
I made this last year to take to a Passover dinner. Everyone who saw it on the table kept asking for the cole slaw. I had to keep telling them what it was. Once they ate it, I got a lot of compliments. I wanted to make it again tomorrow and was so glad to find the exact same recipe. Don't skimp on the fresh parsley. I added twice as much, as I love it. It was so good. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely grated carrots
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish, from the bottle
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar