Carrot, Apple and Honey Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, wheat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour buttermilk mixture into the well. Stir until just combined, then add in the shredded carrots and diced apples.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins and bake for 16-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top of the muffin springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.