Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made this up while shredding carrots.
- 8 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large yam, shredded
- 118.29 ml old fashioned oats
- 946.0 ml vegetable stock
- 14.79 ml garam masala (to taste)
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 118.32 ml heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Add shredded carrots and yams to a saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring until sizzling.
- Add oats and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add garam masala, and carefully blend with an immersion blender until soup is creamy.
- Add coconut milk and stir. Heat through, but don't let the soup boil.
- Serve, with 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream, optional.