Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is easy and healthy and oh so good! There isn't any cream in it and yet it is has the 'feel' of a cream soup. Kids love it too.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (College Inn)
- 4 teaspoons raw white rice
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 cup whole tomato, canned, cut into chunks and drained
- salt (optional)
- Cook carrots and rice with the pepper in the chicken broth until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Add the chunks of tomato and puree just a little bit so that there are still small pieces of tomato.
- Correct seasoning to taste, adding salt if desired.
A tasty way to make tomato soup, and we really enjoyed this thanks Norma! I pureed it to make a smooth soup and served crispy baguette bread on the side. Easy to make and very comforting. Made for PAC Spring 2010 and Soup, Salads and Sandwiches in the Photo's - thanks for posting! FT:-)