Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Amazingly good! This is from the Weekend magazine and is my latest addiction.
- 1 cup basmati rice, cleaned,washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 red chilies, crushed
- 2 large tomatoes, washed,peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 4 pieces banana leaves (square pieces)
- Heat water in a pot.
- Add rice and boil well.
- Drain excess water out.
- Heat ghee in a pot.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds alongwith red chillies.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add carrots and tomatoes.
- Mix well and saute for 5 minutes.
- Mix in cream and remove from heat.
- Add rice and salt to taste.
- Divide this prepared rice mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place each rice portion on individual banana leaves.
- Wrap up carefully and secure each banana leaf with toothpicks.
- Steam for 15 minutes in a steamer.
- Remove from steamer.
- Serve hot.