Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Amazingly good! This is from the Weekend magazine and is my latest addiction.
Make and share this Carrot and Tomato Rice in Banana Leaves recipe from Food.com.
- Heat water in a pot.
- Add rice and boil well.
- Drain excess water out.
- Heat ghee in a pot.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds alongwith red chillies.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add carrots and tomatoes.
- Mix well and saute for 5 minutes.
- Mix in cream and remove from heat.
- Add rice and salt to taste.
- Divide this prepared rice mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place each rice portion on individual banana leaves.
- Wrap up carefully and secure each banana leaf with toothpicks.
- Steam for 15 minutes in a steamer.
- Remove from steamer.
- Serve hot.