Recipe by Pink Penguin
A lovely sweet and creamy soup Eat half and freeze half will keep in the freezer for 3 months, defrost overnight.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 liters vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 8 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add the onion and coriander seeds, cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add Carrots and the sweet potato, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, season, the reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.Cool slightly, then whiz with and liquidiser until smooth. Add the vinegar.
- Cool half the quantity of soup to freeze. Pour the remainder into a clean pan, stir in the chopped coriander and reheat gently.
- Divide the soup between 4 warmed bowls, garnish each with 1tbsp creme fraiche and a sprig of coriander to serve.