Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have been tripping my way thru the Australian Womens Weekly cookbook series & selectively entering a few recipes I saw as truly spec. This one is from the *Microwave 2* cookbook that I almost opted to ignore & that would have been a big mistake since this gem was found early on. I have not made this soup yet, but it does not get easier than this for the blue cheese lovers amongst us. *Enjoy* !
- 56.69 g butter
- 3 medium carrots (chopped)
- 1 small chicken stock cube (crushed)
- 473.18 ml hot water
- 56.69 g Stilton cheese or 56.69 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml cream
- Combine butter & chopped carrot in a lrg microwave-safe bowl or dish w/a lid. Cover & cook on HIGH for about 6 minutes or till carrots are tender.
- Add stock cube + water, cover & cook on HIGH for 6 minutes.
- Blend or process mixture till smooth (I would use my stick-blender for this step).
- Add crumbled cheese + cream & reheat, but do not boil. Sprinkle w/a little extra cheese &/or fresh-snipped chives as desired & serve immediately.
What a great soup! So easy to make and delicious. Made as directed with the cream and Stilton. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8.
This was so easy and so good! I'm a carrot girl from way back so this is right up my alley. Made as directed with Stilton cheese just perfect! Made for Queens of Quisine ZWT 6
I am just now eating this soup and cannot say enough good things about it....creamy, rich, and absolutely delicious. It's hard to believe how easy it was to make. I made it even easier by using already shredded carrots (about 2 1/2 cups). The only other changes I made were to use veggie stock base and add just a slight sprinkle of sweet curry powder. Thank you, twissis, for such a delicious and easily made soup...mmm!