Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
We really enjoy this delicious vegetable dish. From "Better Homes & Gardens / Great Cooking For Two".
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium leeks or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons romano cheese (optional)
- Place butter or cooking oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic and basil, oregano or Italian Seasoning in hot cooking oil or butter for 15 seconds.
- Add carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and/ or yellow squash and stir-fry for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add leeks or green onions and stir-fry about 1 1/2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Option: Sprinkle with parmesan or Romano cheese; toss gently.
This was a great little stir fry! I doubled the recipe and used romano cheese and Italian seasoning. I also used mature onions (rather than leeks or green onions) because that's what I had. I sauteed them with the garlic at the beginning, so that they would be cooked. Yummy, flavorful and colorful!
Very good. I doubled the recipe and substituted dill.
We also enjoyed this DELICIOUS vegetable dish. Used FRESH squash right out of the garden, they couldn't be any fresher as they were picked just before making this tasty dish. I did use 2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning as we love both of these. Other than that I made the recipe as stated. I added Parmesan cheese and tossed before serving. I will be making this recipe as it is so good and we both loved it. Thank you so much for posting.