Recipe by Pianolady
We really enjoy this delicious vegetable dish. From "Better Homes & Gardens / Great Cooking For Two".
Top Review by spiebo
This was a great little stir fry! I doubled the recipe and used romano cheese and Italian seasoning. I also used mature onions (rather than leeks or green onions) because that's what I had. I sauteed them with the garlic at the beginning, so that they would be cooked. Yummy, flavorful and colorful!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium leeks or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons romano cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter or cooking oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic and basil, oregano or Italian Seasoning in hot cooking oil or butter for 15 seconds.
- Add carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and/ or yellow squash and stir-fry for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add leeks or green onions and stir-fry about 1 1/2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Option: Sprinkle with parmesan or Romano cheese; toss gently.