1/2 Photos of Carrot and Squash Curry Soup
1 hr 20 mins
from shawn :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 whole large onion, Diced
- 3 whole carrots, Washed And Sliced Thin
- 1 butternut squash or 4 whole yellow squash, Diced Small
- salt (don't add if using a salty broth)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (more To Taste!)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 48 ounces chicken broth or 48 ounces vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional) or 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 1Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and stir to coat. Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes, or until they start to get soft. Sprinkle in a little salt.
- 2Add squash. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until squash is soft and tender. After a few minutes, add salt to taste and the curry powder.
- 3Pour in wine. Let evaporate for about 30 seconds, then pour in chicken broth. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot, and cook for 1 hour.
- 4After 1 hour, taste and adjust seasonings. Turn off heat.
- 5Puree soup using an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender.
- 6Return to soup pot and bring to a simmer. Serve hot. If you’re feeling naughty, drizzle heavy cream or coconut milk over the top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Squash Curry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 778.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 7.6 g