Carrot and Squash Curry Soup
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and stir to coat. Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes, or until they start to get soft. Sprinkle in a little salt.
- Add squash. Stir and cook for a few minutes, until squash is soft and tender. After a few minutes, add salt to taste and the curry powder.
- Pour in wine. Let evaporate for about 30 seconds, then pour in chicken broth. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot, and cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, taste and adjust seasonings. Turn off heat.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender.
- Return to soup pot and bring to a simmer. Serve hot. If you’re feeling naughty, drizzle heavy cream or coconut milk over the top.