Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found this on a rack at Safeway.
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, finely chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups spinach leaves, lightly packed
- In a large nonstick skillet, stir fry carrots, ginger and garlic in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or till crisp tender.
- Add green onions, broth and salt. Stir fry 1 minute more. Stir in fresh spinach and heat through.
I had breakfast at a Chinese restaurant the other day and I was surprised at how much I liked poached eggs with veggies so I figured I should try it with this recipe. It was perfect! I highly recommend using fresh ginger and garlic - SO good! This whole meal took about 6-7 minutes to make. This would be great just with rice as well. Made for Newest Zaar tag. Thanks nemokitty! :)
Very good, I used frozen spinach so it was a bit liquidy which I drained out. Very good though. Thanks for sharing!