Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy, simple but comforting, and delicious, this soup is just right for either family or company. If you wish to skip the garnish, just top with croutons. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 small carrots, sliced (1lb)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup red lentil, sorted and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 green onion
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook carrots, onion, red pepper, garlic and ginger, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and lentils; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- With immersion blender or in batches in blender, puree soup; return to simmer.
- Season with lemon juice and salt.
- Parsley Cream: Meanwhile, finely chop parsley and green onion; place in small bowl.
- Mix in sour cream and cayenne pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Garnish with dollop of Parsley cream.
Was good. I used fresh minced ginger, not ground.
What a lovely soup. The zing of lemon and ginger really dress up what could be a very bland soup otherwise. It was very easy to make and I like the fact that it's so healthy as well and costs next to nothing. I would definitely go for the parsley cream, it adds the perfect finishing touch.