Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe from Ken Kostick's cookbook
Make and share this Carrot and Raisin Salad With Fennel recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup table cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint, dried
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- In a food processor combine carrots fennel and green onion.
- process until coarsely grated.
- Add mayo, cream, oil, vinegar, sugar.
- Continue processing until well mixed.
- If to dry add more mayo.
- Transfer to bowl, add raisins and mis well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours for flavours to blend.
- ****you can add 1 cup chicken if desired.
- ***consider omitting salt if on a low sodium diet.
This is a very refreshing salad! I shredded the carrots, then minced the fennel & onions by hand, & since I'm NO FAN at all of mint [except for garnish] I left that out, & no one was the wiser for it [except me!]! I did use the honey & just a pinch of salt, AND, surprise, surprise, I increased the raisins to a rounded 1/2 cup! When all was said-and-done, the salad was GREAT! Thanks much for posting!
Made as directed, and even my carrot-averse DH loved it! This has all the right ingredients (do not skimp on the sea salt!) and is quick to make -- a perfect salad! Although it is DELICIOUS, I could have made it more photogenic by serving it in a bed of Boston, butter, or iceberg lettuce. Otherwise, you'd see my photo! :) Thanks, Chef at Heart! Made for PRMR.
This is a wonderful and super easy refreshing slaw salad. I used half and half for the table cream and also omitted the mint for personal preference. I chilled it for only 1 hour and it was perfect. A definite keeper, we'll be making this again. :)