1/1 Photo of Carrot and Raisin Salad---Moroccan Style
A little different combination of flavors makes this so good. We like it any time, but is especially good in the winter, when other fresh vegetables are not as good or quite expensive!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice carrots into about three pieces.
- 2Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about five minutes.
- 3Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- 4While carrots cool, in medium bowl, combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 5Stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- 6Stir in olive oil, parsley and raisins.
- 7Add carrots and toss to combine.
- 8Cover and chill for at least one hour to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- 9Serve on a leaf of lettuce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Raisin Salad---Moroccan Style
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 320.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g