Recipe by NoSpringChicken
A little different combination of flavors makes this so good. We like it any time, but is especially good in the winter, when other fresh vegetables are not as good or quite expensive!
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 leaf lettuce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice carrots into about three pieces.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about five minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- While carrots cool, in medium bowl, combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley and raisins.
- Add carrots and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on a leaf of lettuce, if desired.