Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very soft textured muffin with pumpkin that goes down easy with some carrots to add some variety to this nice orange colour.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside
- In a large bowl blend grated carrots and pumpkin puree with granulated sugar, oil and eggs stirring until mixture is smooth
- Combine the dry ingredients with wet mixture and stir until just mixed together and then spoon into muffin cups filling 2/3 full and then bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes
- Wait 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan and then put on a plate to cool.
Orange, moist and tasty. Recipe handles adaptations (some butter with the oil, some whole wheat flour with the white) and additions (pecans, raisins, allspice, nutmeg) well.