Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An absolutely delicious gratin from Bon Appetite.
Make and share this Carrot and Potato Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange 1/4 cooked vegetables over bottom of dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and generous amount of pepper. Sprinkle 1/4 of cheese over. Repeat layering 3 more times with remaining ingredients.
- Pour broth over vegetables. Dot top with 1/4 cup butter.
- Cover and bake until broth is absorbed and vegetables are tender. About 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake until golden brown. about 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This is wonderful! I hate cooked carrots, but this tastes so good I took more.