Recipe by Stardustannie
A light and moist muffin....Mmmm .
Top Review by ksi
Perfect muffins: moist, soft and fluffy, also the carrots give beautiful color. Skipped the poppy seeds (didn't have any) and added more spices (not just cinnamon, but a mix with cardamom, cloves and allspice) instead, but will definitely try again with poppy seeds, should add some nice crunchiness.
- 150 g self raising flour, sifted
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all dry ingredients and carrots in bowl.
- In separate bowl mix oil and eggs together, and then add to dry ingredients, mix till combined. (Don't over mix).
- Divide the mixture into muffin tins that have been oiled lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to cook.