Recipe by Boomette
From La Cuisine des Saisons de Clodine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
My ex-wife gifted us a bag of great-tasting pink grapefruit several weeks ago, & this wonderful recipe is one in which I used them! Makes for a wonderful soup & one that, because it's so unusual, I'll be making another time especially for company! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup potato, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add onion. Cook until the onions are softened. Deglaze with grapefruit juice.
- Add chicken stock, carrots and potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil and cook 20 to 25 minutes.
- Put the soup in the food processor until creamy.
- Incorporate the cream and serve.