Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A yummy cupcake recipe for your fur baby. You can use any type of dog-friendly fruit for the garnish. I like to use a banana slice, cube of apple, or blueberry. You can also garnish with a small dog treat.
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- fruit, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, eggs, and applesauce.
- In another bowl, mix the cinnamon, oats, and flour.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- If you feel the mixture is too dry, add 1 - 2 tablespoons water.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Frost each muffin with a light swirl of peanut butter and top with fruit garnish of your choice.
I made mini muffins for my large English pointer and she absolutely loved them. I added 2 more tablespoons of apple sauce to make the mixture most moist and then packed them into the baking pan so they wouldn't crumble. I then baked them for 20 minutes and let them cool in the pan. I would definitely suggest mini muffins over the regular muffins because they are more manageable. This recipe made almost 60 mini muffins.
My dog loved this treat. He doesn't like carrots, but ate them in this treat. Make sure the cupcake is pressed together in the muffin pan, otherwise, it will fall apart when taking it out after it is baked.