- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 100 g fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 750 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 500 g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion,ginger,garlic and cumin in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and parsnips and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in stock.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until vegies are soft.
- Blend soup till smooth - take care if it is hot.
- Season to taste.
- serve topped with sour cream and coriander.