Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From an old Australian table magazine
Make and share this Carrot and Parsnip Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook onion,ginger,garlic and cumin in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and parsnips and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in stock.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until vegies are soft.
- Blend soup till smooth - take care if it is hot.
- Season to taste.
- serve topped with sour cream and coriander.
The kids had a hard time with something new. I thought the cilantro took it to near-perfection. Then again, I could eat cilantro in everything but brownies.
This soup was a bit disappointing for me; I felt the flaovurs fell flat. I halved the recipe but ended up having to add the full amount of broth because there were not much moisture left when the veggies were done and the veggies were cooked with the lid on. So not really sure what happened, perhaps this is one of the recipes that shouldn't be cut back. I served it with sour cream and cilantro which helped a bit.
A delicious soup: a great winter warmer and quick and easy to prepare! I used a low-fat sour cream (which as always was wonderfully creamy!) but otherwise made it exactly to the recipe. Loved the cumin in this. It blended beautifully with the other ingredients. Thanks for sharing this recipe.