Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Tunisia omelet is spicy. This is an example of a mahkouda, which contains eggs within eggs. Country: Tunisia - ZWT9 From: Mediterranean Harvest: Vegetarian Recipes from the World's Healthiest Cuisine, By Martha Rose Shulman
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, freshly ground
- 8 large eggs, fresh
- 2 eggs, hard cooked and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Steam or cook carrots in boiling salt water until tender. About 20 minutes to get carrots tender.
- Mash with fork or using a food processor, coarsely puree. Stir in ground caraway seeds, harissa, garlic, add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl beat fresh eggs with a 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in carrot mixture, hard cooked eggs and parsley.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a 10 inch oven proof non-stick skillet. Drop a bit of egg mixture in to skillet, if it sizzles, pan is hot enough to add egg mixture. Let cook 4 to 5 minutes, until it has set on the bottom and starts setting on top of the egg mixture.
- Put in broil and broil for 3 to 4 minutes. It should be lightly brown and fluffy.
- May slide onto platter and serve or serve from skillet.
wow oh wow this is good didnt add as much garlic dot let the weird ingredients fool you ,if you like heat in the morning try this zwt9