Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Carrot and Orange Loaf
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Grease a 14 x 21 cm loaf pan; line the base with greased paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time; beat until combined.
- Stir in sultanas and grated carrot.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and orange juice.
- Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake in moderately slow oven 1-1/2 hours.
- Stand 5 minutes before turning cake on to a wire rack to cool.
- Ice when cold.
- Beat butter until creamy, gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.
- Add orange juice; beat until smooth.