Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
The vivid colour and sweet flavour of carrot contrasts well with mint.
Make and share this Carrot and Mint Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (blended with 2 tbs water)
- 2 teaspoons mint, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- mint, to serve
- 4 tablespoons croutons, to serve
- Melt the oil in a large pan. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook gently until soft.
- Add the stock and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Puree or pass through a sieve. Cool.
- If freezing ahead then pour soup into a rigid container, seal, label and freeze.
- Spoon into a saucepan and heat gently until thawed. Stir in the blended cornstarch and bring to the boil, gently simmer and continue stirring until slightly thickened, now add the chopped mint.
- Garnish with mint and serve with croutons.