Cook1 hr 30 mins
The lentil soup my father used to make! Perfect to freeze and reheat - the perfect student food!
Make and share this Carrot and Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Fill a large pot with two liters of water and bring it to the boil. Add some salt if you wish (though you don't really need to).
- Peel the carrots and cut them into a small dice (no need to be too specific about size).
- Boil half of the carrots in the water. Whilst they are boiling, dice the potatos and onion.
- When the carrots are soft, mash them lightly.
- Add the vegetable stock and add the remaining carrots, potatos, and onion. Add the lentils now, too.
- Bring to the boil again and cook slowly until the vegetables are soft, and the lentils have thickened the soup.
- Enjoy with a hunk of chunky bread.