Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An unusual soup to serve hot or cold.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups stock
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil
- 4 teaspoons fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan. Saute carrots and onion until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, stock, orange juice, vinegar and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add lentils and continue to simmer a further 10 minutes or until lentils and carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth.
- Stir through coriander to serve.
Tasty and simple. I used 1/2 cup of orange juice and no garlic due to allergies.
LOVED this recipe, true! Added HEAPED teaspoon of garlic or two! :) Used 8 tbsp orange juice and SPICED cracked pepper for today! Pureed...am glad this LOW FAT recipe came my way! THANKS!