Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My maternal grandmother and my mother made a recipe very similiar to this. that recipe, sadly enough, died with them so This is my recreation of it
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can carrots
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 lb macaroni and cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb veleveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- brown meat. drain and rinse.
- make mac and cheese according to package directions.
- cover with foil.
- Mix everything in a casserole and bake 400 for 20 minutes.