Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this after combining (and altering slightly) two recipes from The Spirit House Restaurant Cookbook. I served this with my Asian Style Oven Baked Duck Legs for my co-host Jewelies birthday. I added two tablespoons of RiffRaffs Hot Pepper Garlic Jelly to the salad too. You could cool the noodles but we used them still hot and it worked just fine.
- 4 cups grated carrots, finely grated
- 3 green onions, sliced finely
- 6 double kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 400 g hokkien noodles, rinsed, then soaked in boiling water 3 minutes, drained
- 1 tablespoon chile pepper jam or 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Combine dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Combine salad ingredient, pour dressing over and toss well to combine.
This is awesome and I don't even like carrots. Everything worked so well together and it was especially good with the duck. Yummy, thank you Jan!