Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have posted this recipe in response to a request for WW low point soup. It is taken from the WW Family Fave cookbook. This recipe serves 4 and each serve has a points value of 1/2 point.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, dissolved in
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 kg carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion and celery.
- Cook until soft and add ginger.
- Add the stock and carrots.
- Cook gently until the carrots are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and reheat.
- Serve in warm bowls with the yoghurt swirled on top of soup.
Good! I am the only one that ate it though and it makes a lot!
Very good ! Like the previous reviewer, I added extra ginger, which gave the soup a nice zippy flavor. I will be making this again.
i had this for the first time about a year ago and have been thinking about making my own ever since. this recipe is really good, although i added a lot more ginger and didn't have any boullion. it was very easy and satisfying, thanks.