1/3 Photos of Carrot and Ginger Soup
Tessa Morales's Note:
My 2 year old loved this soup. Can be frozen. Great way to go through some carrots. Light meal for a summer day and hot and warming for a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add gingerroot and cook 2 minutes longer.
- 4Add carrots and stock to onions; heat to boiling over high heat.
- 5Reduce heat to low, cover and cook carrots until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6(Alternately, you can cook the carrots first, then add to stock- no need to thinly slice) Use hand blender to blend carrot mixture, in batches, until smooth.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Heat soup over low heat until hot.
- 9Ladle into bowls and serve.
- 10Use the vegetable stock for vegetarians.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot and Ginger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 513.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g