Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice easy soup for a quick dinner.
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 kg carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Place the stock in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pan, add the onion and ginger and cook until the onion has softened.
- Add the stock and the carrots. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the carrots are cooked and tender.
- Place in a blender or food processor and process in batches until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add stock or water until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Stir in the cilantro and season to taste. Heat gently before serving.