Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is based on a recipe from the vegetarian recipe book "Cooking with Kurma" Ive made it many times over the years, and have changed it around a bit, mainly by adding more veggies. I always make this whenever anyone in the family is feeling a little under the weather. I use a huge amount of garlic and ginger in mine though (as in 2 huge pieces of ginger and an entire head of garlic, if not more) I have mellowed it a bit for this recipe!
- 1 kg carrot
- 2 large brown onions
- 3 large potatoes
- 5 stalks celery
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- Peel carrots, onions, potatoes and ginger Throw in a pot and cover with water, bring to the boil.
- Chop celery, add to pot. Add lentils.
- Add vegetable stock and simmer until all veggies are tender and lentils are cooked.
- Add chopped parsley and garlic.
- Transfer the mixture a little at a time to the blender, until soup is desired texture.
- Add more stock or water if a thinner soup is preferred.