Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This soup can me made with white onions, but I use red onions as they are spicier and enhances the flavour
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 12 ounces carrots, sliced
- 3 pints vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix everything together and boil until carrots are tender.
- Puree or place in a blender.
- If wished you can add a spoonful or soured cream and sprinkle with spring onions.
WOW, it just doesn't get any simpler. This is an extremely flavorful soup. The kids weren't thrilled but weren't disgusted either. I think it may have been too gingery for them - oh well, more for me!! (I did add closer to 3TB ginger...heh heh heh) This will make repeat apearances here. Made for PAC 9/06.